Free cursors for MySpace at www.totallyfreecursors.com!

Friday, July 15, 2005

 

Networking

Wanting to expand my list of contacts, friends, associates, etc. I found myself paging through a book at Barnes & Noble yesterday called something like "Never Eat Alone". It caught my eye because I've been an eat alone kinda guy for quite a few years now. It was a story from a poor boy gone rich. He outlined his strategies and at times bragged incessantly it seemed. He mentioned that "pinging" was a necessary practice to keep your network intact. "Pinging" is when you contact somebody but you don't ask them for something. He also said that friendships are like muscles, the more they're worked, the stronger they become. I thought these tidbits of networking know-how were of some use to my situation so I've passed them onto you.

In other news, I'm planning to go to church this weekend for the first time in many years. I grew up going to church every weekend so I kind of know what to expect. But this time it will be strictly to network so to speak. I need some new friends. And what's wrong with seeking friends who believe in helping your fellow man? Perhaps this has been where I've been going wrong in past years. I go to bars and am disappointed by the types of people I meet there; usually out to use you in some fashion that's not exactly wholesome. Don't get me wrong; I love getting fucked up and havin' a good old time but I need some nice people in my life who are able to give a shit when I need them to. Afterall, I'm just a nice guy myself all rants and ravings excluded. So fingers crossed!!!

Comments:
Let's hear about your church experience! I've only ever been in Mexico. Share the local low-down with me!
 
Actually -c, I remember you telling me a story about going to church with James while under the influence. C'mon!
 
Ahh! You're right! How quickly I forget!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?