Free cursors for MySpace at www.totallyfreecursors.com!

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

 

Alpha-male syndrome

Everybody must've known at least one in their life; hell sometimes we're related to them! They're a difficult breed if you ask me. I guess I don't fit competition into my definition of 'friendship'. It's frustrating to have someone tell you they're your homeboy but to then watch repeatedly as, what can be termed healthy competition, gets in the way of me achieving certain reasonable goals I have for myself. In my opinion a friend should be helping me meet or attain these goals not block them.
I've been lied to in love; blinded by it I suppose. Not wanting to face the fact that things were really quite one sided. I think my friendship with a long-time homeboy is shaping up to be sadly similar. 'Talk is cheap' and that's about the extent of what I'm getting. In a way I'd like to confront this friend of mine but to what purpose? He's always been an alpha-male being the oldest of 4 brothers. I used to watch him beat up on his little bros and think to myself 'Wow, he's such a nice guy but look at how he treats his little brothers.' I guess that now that he doesn't live at home he finds other ways to make himself "top dawg" so to speak. So I think a confrontation would only make for sour grapes; it won't change him so why bother?
Here's to everybody whose got a fucked up dynamic going on that they wanna shake...CHEERS!

Comments:
As a woman, we don't get the competitive, alpha male competition. Instead, we get the far more silent and subtle, invisible claw-strikes. I usually just ignore these and chill with chill paws. And, of course, accept the chill paws' flaws. (Ok, I've had too much to drink. I'll be writing horrendous Mother Goose poems soon if I'm not careful)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?