Free cursors for MySpace at www.totallyfreecursors.com!

Thursday, April 14, 2005

 

Punishment and Discipline

Yes, yes. I am back from outer space. Here to bring you more startling revelations aimed at shedding that hard to find light on truth and it's close cousin reason. I have formed a theory in recent months. People who are too hung up on anything are trying to hide something. This theory is not bulletproof but hear me out. A lot of times when you see a person wearing a lot of jewelry it is my opinion that perhaps they grew up poor and are trying to make up for that. A person who wears too much make up might be hiding the fact they think they're ugly. I think people who run marathons are idiots. What are you running from?! Is there a bear chasing you? Has there or will there ever be a bear chasing you? For most of us that's an unlikely scenario. What are marathon runners and avid exercisers trying to make up for? I think it's that they have an unnecessarily large need to be in control. In this, of themselves. I have a close relative who is hell bent on punishment and discipline. He revels in spanking his daughter and all his advice has a thread of my need for more discipline in my life. He happens to be a former marathon runner.
Don't get me wrong. I think it's great to have goals that you find challenging but 26 and a half miles is little much if you ask me. Are they trying to kill themselves? I recently saw P. Diddy on Late Night with David Letterman. Letterman asked if he'd be running another marathon again any time soon. P.D. just looked at him and finally after a comedic silence responded that only if Bill Gates gave 50 million to help AIDS in Africa or something equivalent would he ever do anything like that ever again. He said he almost died, all joking aside.
P. Diddy offers a perfect example of the theory I'm telling you all about. He came up poor. Now he wears lots of diamonds, drives fancy cars and has the best clothes money can buy. He also has a need for power since perhaps his younger years were filled with a lack thereof. This explains his desire to complete a marathon a couple years back.
I say chill out and watch the world go round. Do stuff and make yourself happy but think about excess and question why you're doing what you're doing from time to time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?