Free cursors for MySpace at www.totallyfreecursors.com!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

 

Positive Thinking

I recently spoke with a dear old friend. We discussed fear. I was reminded of the time my brother-in-law taught me to ride his motorcycle. He warned me that you mustn't fear falling during a turn or else that may be exactly what happens. It's an issue of keeping your eyes where you want to go. If you look to the side for too long you'll usually find your vehicle drifting that way. Some people I've befriended have filled my head with fear. Fear that people will judge me wrong. Fear that people won't find me attractive. Fear that I'm just not good enough. I didn't used to have these fears believe it or not. I am trying to rid myself of them and get back to the person I used to be. It's difficult. In spite of the unfortunate loss of my former self I'd like to say that I believe the fears have made me stronger; less naive.
Don't get me wrong. Fear has not taken over my life or made me into someone wholly different. It's tainted my positivity though. And it's positive thinking that wins the game. Think positive everybody!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?