Free cursors for MySpace at www.totallyfreecursors.com!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

 

To Admire

As I sit here I am breathing a sigh of relief having feared my site was going to be shut down due to the bad language and some of the content after being denied access to my account last night due to a "Blogger Audit" of sorts. Looks as though all is fine and up to specks so let the truth telling proceed!
I decided that today's post should be about admiration. When was the last time you told someone you admired them? When was the last time you were told by someone that they admired you? I admire a lot of people. Some are famous like Gandhi and others are virtually unheard of like my flatmate. She's the oldest of 6 and all her siblings all have kids and a significant other. Nobody told her to do well in school or to get into college and graduate. In fact her experience was quite the opposite. One of my own half-brothers has had this same admirable path in his own life. The other night as I sat and enjoyed my drink I decided it was time to pay a compliment to the woman I share an apartment and working space with. I told her I admired her for doing what she's done with her life in spite of her parents' low expectations. I think she appreciated it as she should. It's a good idea when you're around someone you don't necessarily like that much to try and find something you DO like about them.

Who do you admire?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?