Free cursors for MySpace at www.totallyfreecursors.com!

Saturday, March 12, 2005

 

I'm not the Pope but pass the remote.

I hate to sound preachy. I have NO religious affiliation whatsoever. Nor am I some commie hippy looking for Utopia. Sometimes, I like the cold. It gives me a reason to find things to laugh about. I ask myself daily recently: "Why does it have to be like this?". Why do there have to be opposing factions waging subtle battle both in my work place and at home? I have come to the realization that greed and survival have something to do with it but a better term for understanding the basis of this situation is 'control'. We all want to be in control. And I have to confess that if I were on the winning team I'd be relatively happy to go to work and come home and play my role, knowing that my team was in the lead and that everyday the battle was won. Unfortunately, I've been on the losing team for years now! Since I'm an analytical person, I look at this situation from a third person point of view and wonder why things are the way they are. Like I said, control is most likely a center piece for the wars that are waged. I can recall times when I had control and I can also remember fighting to maintain the control. So I am all too aware of the issue and how important it is to all parties involved. Losing control is a bad thing to see happen, let me tell you. But being subject to others' control is, in a way, worse. At stake is your pride, if you have it. Dealing with controlling people is easy enough but if you are locked into a situation where you are confronted with the dynamic 24/7 it starts to wear you down and make you angry! Anger leads to outbursts which make you look as though you need to have even more control exerted upon you by the powers that be. It's a sick cycle that makes me want to give up sometimes. And all in the name of MONEY! But that's a different story...



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?